Located on a former plot of vineyard of the Grands-Malades leprosarium in Huy, which operated a vineyard of more than 5 hectares between 980 and 1616, the Clos Bois Marie was replanted in the 1960s by Charles Legot. This makes it the oldest vineyard still in operation in Wallonia. When he passed away, a trio (Alain Dirick, Marcel Mestrez and Frédéric Lepage) took over the vineyards and in 2010 added a 300-metre plot further down the road, the “Hautes vignes du Bois Marie”. When Charles Legot’s widow died, the vineyard was bought by others, but the trio continued on the second plot. Tasting on request.
- Surface: 0.3ha
- Varieties: Divico N, Rondo N, Johanniter B, Cabertin N, Gamaret N, Phoenix B, Solaris B, Bronner B, Cabernet blanc B, Divona B
- Production: ±1500 bottles
Alain Dirick, Frédéric Lepage and Marcel Mestrez
chaussée de Waremme (en face du 142a)
Tel. 0477 89 75 15